Python < 2.5 anyone?

I've been changing convert-to-tarballs.py and realised that it now
requires Python 2.5. Does anyone have 2.4? I can maybe support that (I'd
rather not though).

Changes I've made up to now:
 * General cleanup of the Python code
 * Sort of handle the gtksourceview-1.0 case
 * Allow to call convert-to-tarballs.py from another directory
 * Waf support (meaning, the <waf> XML bits)
 * The following works on a 'proper' setup: convert-to-tarballs.py -v 2.11.91
   (the location of the gnome-2.22.modules + tarball location)
 * Determine latest tarball versions on download.gnome.org using sftp.
   This to avoid mirror lag
   Notes:
    - Still downloads using http
    - Requires: python-paramiko package, ssh-agent setup, configured
      username for master.gnome.org in ~/.ssh/config and
      master.gnome.org should appear in ~/.ssh/known_hosts
    - Automatically falls back to http if sftp support is not working
      (not in all cases)
    - Need to add a connection cache as logging in is slow
 * Handle http redirects a bit better (download.gnome.org), this
   avoids ~ 50 secs of redirects (could be further improved)

Note: The generated XML is (apart from gtksourceview-1.0) still the
same.

--
Regards,
Olav