Re: API/ABI freeze and feature freeze

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 00:04 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Starting this week, we enter the API/ABI freeze and the feature freeze.
> This means a few things:
>
>   + no API or ABI changes should be made in the platform libraries

Hi,

I may need an exception.  I'm mostly done with pango for 1.18, the only
remaining issue is how to deprecate PangoScript in favor of the new
GUnicodeScript.  It's bug 348348.  So, I may need to do some minor API
changes, not sure yet.  Least of them is to mark PangoScript as
deprecated.  Most would be to replace PangoScript with GUnicodeScript in
all public Pango API.  But that most probably will break C++ code
calling those API, so that probably wouldn't happen.  Not sure yet.  I
need to think about it for a couple of hours, see how many calls we are
talking about, etc.  I'm planning to do that early next week.

behdad

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/