Re: unstable Gtk2-perl 2.19.1 ?

On 4/26/07, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 17:51 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:

> while doing GNOME 2.19.1 release yesterday, I noticed you didn't upload
> 2.19.1 version of perl Gtk2 binding on master.gnome.org.

We don't have much release-worthy yet, apart from the bindings for the
new gtk+ API.  But there's no point in releasing that before there's a
new gtk+ release.

This is a really good point.  There's still no guarantee that gtk+
2.12 will be ready for Gnome 2.20, and using gtk+ 2.11.x API when no
gtk+ 2.11.x release has been made probably isn't good either.  Similar
cases could easily arise in the future.  We should probably add a
little policy note somewhere that we should not use CPAN releases of
gtk2-perl bindings in the future, but rather the specially released
versions (reusing a set for an older release if necessary).