Re: Generating excitement in GNOME

On 4/18/07, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
On 4/18/07, John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com> wrote:
> The futures track or "sneak peek" would be applications and APIs that
> look promising but we have little obligations to.  It is just a way to
> spur development and debate and give projects motivation.  Applications
> in here would not have to conform to the rigid release criteria and
> would act more like an outside optional dependency.  There would be some
> rules however such as actual working code, active development and clear
> goals for being integrated into GNOME at some point.

gnome-scan looks like another good candidate.  Anyway...

Sounds good to me.  Time to propose this on d-d-l?

No one has objected, so the answer is: absolutely.  Go for it John,
push this forward and let's do it.  Sounds like Jeff has some similar
ideas, so we may tweak it after getting started (or maybe Jeff will
start pushing his idea too and we'll adopt it after we have a more
detailed explanation), but it's better for something to get started.
Go!

Thanks,
Elijah