Re: PROPOSAL: Upgrading every RHEL server to RHEL5 on Sun April 1st

<quote who="Ross Golder">

> > If everyone decides we should run with Olav's process as-is, straight
> > away, then I will commit to a second migration process, focusing on
> > establishing what I've described above.

(snip)

> So, IMHO, let's get our RHEL3/4 platforms up to RHEL5 now as we have the
> momentum, the opportunity and a plan, then we'll have plenty of time to
> prepare a more involved/improved upgrade process (maybe including
> virtualisation or whatever etc) which we can discuss and apply when it's
> time to do this for RHEL6, 7 and 8 :)

As this appears to be the status quo, I will plan beyond this migration for
a more structured RHEL5 deployment as noted above. It is not worth waiting
for 6, 7 or 8 -- that would amount to a plan to continue the dysfunction.

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

     "Love's such an old fashioned word." - Queen & David Bowie, Under
                                 Presssure