Re: external dependencies

On 9/11/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
There was also a very strong sentiment that we should tighten up on
the addition of new dependencies, moving to a must-be-approved-first
rule for adding new dependencies.  I think doing such, in combination
with freezing dependencies to specific versions[1], is necessary to
fix the ridiculousness of the current build situation[2].

I've put together a _preliminary_ page to help push these two ideas
along at
 There may be inaccuracies or omissions there, but it has the basics
already.  Thoughts?  Comments?

Looks good. I'll point out there is a pkgconfig 0.21 now, which we may
want to put on that list, but it doesn't make any practical difference.

Maybe a freedesktop-2.18.modules would be a good idea?  I kind of
doubt gnome-2.14.modules would currently really build right now, given
that freedesktop is such a moving target anyway...