Re: external dependencies
- From: "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: "Elijah Newren" <newren gmail com>
- Cc: release-team gnome org, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: external dependencies
- Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:37:31 -0400
On 9/11/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
There was also a very strong sentiment that we should tighten up on
the addition of new dependencies, moving to a must-be-approved-first
rule for adding new dependencies. I think doing such, in combination
with freezing dependencies to specific versions, is necessary to
fix the ridiculousness of the current build situation.
I've put together a _preliminary_ page to help push these two ideas
along at http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ExternalDependencies.
There may be inaccuracies or omissions there, but it has the basics
already. Thoughts? Comments?
Looks good. I'll point out there is a pkgconfig 0.21 now, which we may
want to put on that list, but it doesn't make any practical difference.
Maybe a freedesktop-2.18.modules would be a good idea? I kind of
doubt gnome-2.14.modules would currently really build right now, given
that freedesktop is such a moving target anyway...
] [Thread Prev