Re: libgnomeui broke the string freeze
- From: "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: "Christian Rose" <menthos gnome org>
- Cc: gnome-i18n gnome org, Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>, gtk-i18n-list gnome org, Danilo Šegan <danilo gnome org>, kris gtk org
- Subject: Re: libgnomeui broke the string freeze
- Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 20:56:56 -0400
On 9/3/06, Christian Rose <menthos gnome org> wrote:
On 9/2/06, Wouter Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl> wrote:
> The libgnomeui commit  by Kristian Rietveld introduced a new string ,
> which is unacceptable in string freeze, 4 days before a release. There has
> not been any notification sent out to to gnome-i18n either...
> Please revert the patch or make sure you reuse an already existing string.
> thanks, Wouter
>  http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/libgnomeui/file-chooser/gtkfilesystemgnomevfs.c?r1=1.80&r2=1.81
>  "Error getting information for '%s'"
Indeed, this is not acceptable. Kris, could you please revert this
Reverting the patch would give you a gnome release with a very broken
filechooser. Do you really want that ?
And removing the _() just for formal string freeze reasons would be a
bit silly, since the end effect would be just the same, an
untranslated error message...
] [Thread Prev