Re: [Pkg-isocodes-devel] Re: iso-codes releases

On 11/1/06, Tobias Toedter <t toedter gmx net> wrote:
On Wednesday 01 November 2006 01:41, guenther wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 18:41 +0100, Tobias Toedter wrote:
> > I like the idea of having a symlink which points to the latest
> > available version. I don't know if this is helping the GNOME people,
> > though. However, it should not be a problem to leave old releases of
> > iso-codes on the server, instead of deleting them.
>
> As far as GARNOME, the build utility for the GNOME Desktop, is
> concerned, we would need old tarballs to be left on the server. By
> default GARNOME checks the MD5 hash of each (automatically) downloaded
> tarball, thus a moving "latest" target unfortunately does not help.
> Keeping old releases would rock. :)

OK, let's rock, then. :)

Are there any specific releases which you currently need? We could then
regenerate those tarballs first. At the moment, we provide tarballs for
iso-codes 0.57 and 0.58.

The gnome 2.16.0, 2.16.1, and 2.17.1 jhbuild modulesets (jhbuild is
the other build utility for GNOME besides GARNOME) all look for
iso-codes 0.53.  I think having that version would be most helpful as
far as jhbuild is concerned.  guenther is the best one to report on
what would most help GARNOME.

Thanks for working on this; it'll help a lot.  :-)

Cheers,
Elijah