Re: Sound Juicer change...

Le dimanche 19 mars 2006 �8:56 +0000, Ross Burton a �it :
> On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 19:01 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > > So that's what I want to do.  If I get this into 2.14.1 then people
> > > shipping 2.14 can have a Sound Juicer that correctly tags MP3 files,
> > > otherwise it's broken.
> >
> > Why is it broken right now? Isn't it fixable?
>
> Sound Juicer currently tells users how to create a MP3 profile if they want
> to encode to MP3 files.  This pipeline uses LAME, and it turns out that Lame
> is just fundamentally broken for tagging: IIRC it only supports ID3v1 tags
> (which are very limited) and whilst it writes 4K blocks for writing ID3v2
> tags into, has no way of going back and actually writing them.  This
> results in freaky LAMELAMELAME chunks in the middle of MPEG data, meaning no
> decent tags and occasional decoding problems.
>
> The solution is to use id3mux (in gst-ugly) or taglibid3mux (in -bad, but
> will be promoted to -good soon and aliased to id3mux).  However few people
> actually have these plugins at the moment, thus the suggestion for SJ to
> host a private id3mux (a copy of taglibid3mux) and use it if a system plugin
> isn't available.

If taglibid3mux will be promoted to -good soon, then people will have
the plugin and I don't really see the point of adding this to
sound-juicer (apart from releasing a new tarball in the next few days
for this issue).

I'm not really fond of this, but other people in the release team might
agree with you.

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�