Re: Weirdness on ftp

On 3/14/06, Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas apestaart org> wrote:
> > Switching would have also meant gstreamer-0.10.4 and
> > gst-plugins-0.10.5 were released too late to be part of 2.14.0
> > normally,
>
> Well, no :) they were released in time (friday and monday).
> install-module for me (I may be misinterpreting) is "making it part of
> the next gnome release), for which given my mail the jury was still out.
> (It may still be, unless me putting it there is effectively the
> decision?)

Well, the release has to use tarballs uploaded to ftp.gnome.org for
modules in the release sets, so if they happen to show up somewhere
else, I'm not so sure it counts as "released" as far as we are
concerned.

In a related issue, libxklavier had released 2.1 and 2.2 tarballs
somewhere on sourceforge and it looks like very few people knew about
it (also, 2.1 seems to have disappeared now that 2.2 is out).  2.0
ended up being used in most testing.  Fedora apparently went and took
cvs snapshots of something close to 2.1 for their testing to fix the
bugs in 2.0.  We're currently discussing what we should use (2.0
because it was most widely tested and is the only thing upload to ftp?
 2.1 because it fixes some important bugs in 2.0?  The 2.1-ish cvs
snapshot Fedora is using?  2.2 which showed up only 3 days ago and
probably has hard code freeze breaks?  If any of the latter, we'll
need to install-module it)