Re: 2.15.x schedule first pass

On 3/13/06, John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com> wrote:
> I placed the first pass of the schedule at
> http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointFifteen

Sweet, thanks for tackling this.

> The module proposal stuff needs to be revamped with what we discussed.
> I also dropped a release and merged the ABI/API Feature and Module
> freeze with the UI freeze due to GUADEC getting in the way as many
> hackers go AWOL before and after GUADEC.  This gives people time to
> either have their fun or furiously hack before the respective freezes.

If you want the extra time before the freezes, why not just put the
extra release you dropped back in?  More on that below.

> Please look over schedule and alert me to any changes that needs to be
> made.

We'll need to propose it to the community at some point, but there
were a few differences I saw that I'm curious about:

- Why is there over a week and a half between 2.16.0 tarballs being
due and the actual release of 2.16.0?  ;-)
- Why four weeks between 2.15.3 and 2.15.4?  (I know we did 3.5 weeks
or so for 2.11 but that was due to relocation of the gnome servers; we
originally had planned for just 3 weeks)
- As I mentioned above, I'm curious about why 2.15.5 was dropped.  We
could easily add it back in, especially if the slush time from the
previous two points was used for this.  :-)

Thanks,
Elijah