Re: 2.15.x schedule first pass

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 14:07 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On 3/13/06, John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com> wrote:
> > I placed the first pass of the schedule at
> > http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointFifteen

> - Why is there over a week and a half between 2.16.0 tarballs being
> due and the actual release of 2.16.0?  ;-)

Fixed :-)

> - Why four weeks between 2.15.3 and 2.15.4?  (I know we did 3.5 weeks
> or so for 2.11 but that was due to relocation of the gnome servers; we
> originally had planned for just 3 weeks)

The timing of GUADEC means if we have a release in that time it would
have to happen during GUADEC which is a time we would want most of our
developers to be hacking, having fun and talking about more important
things (at least when we have them face to face) than a point release.
Notice that GUADEC is a week long this year.

We could have a release on July 3rd when theoretical everyone would be
back to their usual grind (though some will have taken the time after
GUADEC to travel more).  The problem with this is we slip everything
down an extra week.  Not a big deal but does the extra release actually
help or just add more of burden?  I suspect a lot of hacking is going to
go on a GUADEC this year.  Do we do a release directly after or do we
let everyone go home, look over their work and polish it a bit and then
do a release a week later?

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>