Hard Code Freeze Breaks (was Re: GStreamer)

Le dimanche 12 mars 2006 �9:28 -0700, Elijah Newren a �it :
> On 3/12/06, Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas apestaart org> wrote:
> > Hi people,
> >
> > Silly question - which (0.10) version of GStreamer modules do you want
> > to see go in ? The latest and greatest, or the last one before the code
> > freeze ?
> >
> > I don't know if this is an issue or not, and if we are under the spell
> > of code freeze at all, but if we are, what's the correct way to proceed
> > here ?
>
> Since gstreamer's part of the desktop, as opposed to an external
> dependency, it is subject to hard code freeze.

Well... It's an interesting case since we have libraries in the platform
that might not be subject to hard code freeze (libxml, glib, gtk+): we
consider that their development cycle is not the same as GNOME's one and
we accept it. It could work the same way for GStreamer.

However, I of course prefer if GStreamer people follow the freezes ;-)

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�