Re: GDM API Change Request

On 1/27/06, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 16:25 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
>
> > GDM is in the desktop release suite, not the developer release suite.
> > Thus, you are unaffected by API freeze.
>
> Elijah, as always, is absolutely right.

Selective memory?  Not that it's a bad thing, at least not when it
puts me in a good light.  ;-)

> To avoid looking like a
> complete idiot due to my API neurosis, I'll politely ask that you do
> update the GDM docs 'cause vendors always tweak the GDM configuration
> heavily, and they should know about this new option ;)

Look at it this way: You were actually able to provide useful feedback
on the patch itself, whereas all I could do was point out certain
rules of the release process.  Your feedback was much more useful.