Re: Evolution and EDS tarballs to be available only by Tuesday.

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 13:02 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On 1/18/06, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 18:41 +0530, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
> > > 3. #325629 – port to the new libnotify API.
> >
> > A few questions; sorry if they sound trivial:
> >
> > - Did this get done?
>
> Yes (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ftp-release-list/2006-January/thread.html).
>  An extra email when it finally happened would be nice though, as
> Federico points out.
Yes. The tarballs were rolled out by the Tuesday 1200 GMT extended
deadline I had requested.

My apologies. I sent out the regular announce mail to evolution-hackers
and gnome-announce list but I notice neither of them have hit the lists
yet :-(.  Still stuck somewhere b/w my ISP and gnome.org.

Shall watch for this in future. Thanks for pointing out.
(My blog post on the planet gnome feed carried this news though).

> > - Why did we need to port to the new API?  Did the old API stop working?

Yes. An ABI break in libnotify caused Evolution not to build against the
libnotify that would ship with GNOME 2.13.5. Hence, we had to port it to
the new API and update the dependencies.

Regards,
Harish