Re: Evolution and EDS tarballs to be available only by Tuesday.

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 20:01 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:

> Thanks for the notice, we'll watch for the tarballs.  Could you point
> out any of the problems causing the needed delay?

The following were the bugs we considered a must-fix for the current
release.
1. #323106 – IMAP drawers with non-ASCII UTF-8 names do not work
2. #326385 – evolution-data-server 1.5.4 mangles ASCII punctuation in
IMAP passwords
3. #325629 – port to the new libnotify API.

> Also, I've been wondering -- do we need to make a change to the timing
> for future release cycles in some manner?  I noticed that you've only
> been able to make one of the tarball releases on time (the 2.13.4
> release) this cycle, and was wondering if the schedule was a source of
> difficulty causing this.

Well, as per IST, the tarball deadline falls at around 5:30 am in the
morning on Tuesday. As one would expect from us humans, reviews and
commits planned for the tarball release inevitably spill over till late
evenings on Monday. That essentially leaves me precious few hours to
build gtkhtml/EDS/Evolution and run some sanity checks on them as well
(lesser hands the last few releases :-/).
Add a slow connectivity and upload capability from my home during the
nights to the mix, I inevitably tease the deadline by a few hours..

> > Is there anything we can do to fix this to
> > help out?  I have noted that you have been very close to being on time
> > all the times you missed, so I was wondering if we could make a small
> > tweak somewhere that would help make things easier for you.

Thanks for offering help. Guess I should be able to manage it better
with
a little more automation, planning and a little help from my mates in
letting Monday be used for build/testing rather than
reviews/commits ;-).
I understand you have your responsibilities too - and accommodating
different timezones can be tricky.

If I feel I need some tweak,  I promise to speak up and ask for it :-)

> Thanks for all your hard work,

I have rolled out the tarballs for the following modules just a while
ago.

gtkhtml evolution-data-server evolution evolution-exchange.

Thanks for understanding.
Harish