Re: ekiga 1.99.0

On 1/16/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>

> I have copied the tarball on window.gnome.org in /home/users/dsandras
>
> However, it is named ekiga-1.99.0.tar.gz, and contains an ekiga
> directory, not a gnomemeeting one.
>
> [dsandras window dsandras]$ install-module ekiga-1.99.0.tar.gz
>       Module: ekiga
>      Version: 1.99.0
>      Maj.Min: 1.99
>  Destination: /ftp/pub/GNOME/sources/ekiga/1.99/
>
>   WARNING: ekiga is not present in the archive!
>            Are you sure that it is new and/or the correct module name?
>
> I answered "no".

That warning is there because someone is going to accidentally run
install-module on the wrong tarball some day or make some typo mistake
or something getting a 'metactiy' tarball instead of 'metacity', or
something like that.  Since it really is what you want to do though,
go ahead and install it.

Why the change of version number, though?  Not that it matters, I'm
just curious...

> What can I do? Can I answer "yes"? Will it be automatically picked up
> for GNOME 2.13?

Yup, I made the necessary change to search for ekiga now; we have a
little script that searches for the latest tarball and there's been a
variety of other renames we've had to deal with too (e.g.
gnome-control-center -> control-center, gconf -> GConf, procman ->
gnome-system-monitor).

> Also, who can I *directly* contact to create aliases for
> CVS/bugzilla/the mailing lists?

I don't know how aliasing work, only that it doesn't for bugzilla.
But for CVS & mailing lists, the contact would be support g o   For
bugzilla, you could just file a bug against the bugzilla.gnome.org
module (or email bugmaster g o ) but Olav and I will just tell you to
do the rename yourself unless you run into problems trying it.

Hope that helps,
Elijah