Re: Background Capplet UI

On Fri, February 10, 2006 14:39, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 14:22 +0100, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
>> fre, 10,.02.2006 kl. 09.23 +0100, skrev Vincent Untz:
>> >
>> > Aren't we using "Close" everywhere else in the desktop? Wouldn't it
>> > make more sense to wait for a switch to "Finish" in the whole desktop
>> > in this case?
>
> Had I not gone ahead and made the capplet be explicit apply to conform
> with the HIG recommendations, I would have gone ahead and done this
> anyway. No, I don't think we should wait. If we wait, then it will never
> get done, and our users have expressed issues with "Close" in testing,
> specifically with the background capplet.

Why will it never be done if we don't do it now? What's the problem with
doing this at the beginning of the next cycle for all "Close" buttons
that should be changed?

I'm not saying we should use "Close" or "Finish". I don't know what's
the best term here. However, I believe consistency is important.