Re: breakage caused by removed icons from gnome-icon-theme

Christian Persch wrote:
153 of the removed icons are gnome-mime-* icons which are used
automatically as mime type icons from libgnomeui's gnome-icon-lookup.
In particular it looks like for instance all text files now use the same plain text icon. This was not discussed afaik and while not causing 'hard' breakage it vanifies work we did in gedit to show a the icon alongside the name on every tab in order to easily scan the different kind of files open. Now they all display the same blank document icon, thus adding zero information. This may sound like a small detail, but it's something we put effort into and which our users more than once expressed appreciation for.

Paolo