Re: Writing the GNOME 2.14 release notes

I know that Murray has no more time to do these, so I tentatively
agreed to take over his role.

According to the schedule, we release on March 15, so a fully
complete and translated set of notes must be ready by March 13. I
figure the notes will take about a week to translate, so they need
to be ready by around March 6.

Given the existing translation infrastructure in place (viz.
xml2po), I suppose we will be using Docbook again.

Immediate things to do include updating the wiki page more:
 - http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen_2fReleaseNotes
   unfortunately I have not written a 2.14 article that we can use
   as a base for the notes
 - get final word from the release team viz. what's in and what's
   out and what versions we're taking of modules that have issues in
   their dev branches

I would like to take a slightly different approach with the release
notes this time. Try to make them more interesting and translate the
work we've been doing into terms that are more approachable to
someone not intimately familar with our platform. I need to find my
notes on this topic.

Once we've worked out how we're going to lay out the notes, we can
get some release notes into CVS.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA