Re: Who rounds up the schedule?

On 9/13/05, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Looks great. Small comments:
>
>   * there's no date for the decision on module proposals. Should it
>     happen for 2.13.3? Or later?

That's the "mod. freeze" in "A[PB]I, feature, mod. freeze"

>   * I'd like to see some indications about the splash screen (or
>     background, if we remove the splash screen ;-)) contest.
>
>   * same for release notes & press release (?). We can look at
>     the dates for 2.12 to have an idea of what is needed.

I've never seen dates attached to either and quite honestly don't know
where they'd fall.  The latter seems to start quite early in terms of
gathering info (Davy'd previews and the wiki tracking cool new
features and such), so I'm not sure a date for that makes sense.
That, and I kind of like how the page is targetted at maintainers, but
perhaps an extra little section somewhere on the page would make sense
(and we could add things like showstopper nagging lists from the
bugsquad)?  *shrug*