Re: Who rounds up the schedule?

Le lundi 12 septembre 2005 �1:49 -0600, Elijah Newren a �it :
> Hi,
>
> Since http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning_2fTasks says the schedule
> is owned by Murray or a release team newbie, and I'm the second newest
> on the team, I decided it might be okay to get things kick-started[1].
>  Anyone want to make any modifications before presenting it to d-d-l?
>
> I'd like to push a couple changes that I mentioned earlier:
>   - Specifying that the tarballs are due by 23:59 UTC the Monday specified
>   - Specifying that the freeze begins 23:59 UTC the Monday specified
> Perhaps that's being nit-picky but it just seemed like it caused
> confusion without that before (and an increasing number of late
> releases); besides Monday evening just after 23:59 UTC is an optimal
> time for me to begin testing.  :)

Looks great. Small comments:

  * there's no date for the decision on module proposals. Should it
    happen for 2.13.3? Or later?

  * I'd like to see some indications about the splash screen (or
    background, if we remove the splash screen ;-)) contest.

  * same for release notes & press release (?). We can look at
    the dates for 2.12 to have an idea of what is needed.

Cheers,

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�