Re: [Fwd: Re: Demanding API documentation]

> On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 09:35 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
>> The problem is that that's a vague requirement that has no definite
>> place on our release schedule. It's not something that must or must not
>> happen at a certain time, with the threat of reverting to previous
>> versions if it's not done.
>
> Grumble.  Okay, so let's leave it as optional.

We win a lot by demanding that new modules are 100% documented. There's a
lot of new API that'll get into the Platform in the next year or so, and a
lot of undocumented crap that we will deprecate.

> I'll announce the API docs requirement today.  Thanks to everyone for
> your comments :)
>
> I'll be poking Matthias et al to see if we can easily adapt GTK+'s
> "abicheck.sh" to other modules.

Thanks. It's great to have one of the developers pushing this.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com