Release manifests

Do we compile manifests of all the projects on ftp.gnome.org along with
the latest stable and unstable version currently uploaded to the server?
The reason I ask is right now I have a hacked up script which tells me
if my current packages in Fedora are up to date or not.  It does bad
things like spider the directories to figure out what the latest
versions are.  This is slow and inefficient.  It would be cool if we
automatically compiled a manifest every 24 hours and exported this
information via XMLRPC or just a simple manifest file.  This would allow
all distros and individuals to get updates in faster and could lead to a
better GNOME experience overall.

I am willing to do the work if we don't have something like this yet.

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>