Re: RC1

<quote who="JP Rosevear">

> Does it seem strange to anyone else that we are releasing final with out
> RC1 having been officially released (no slight on jdub, its a big job to
> get that all at the door and even the planned date would have given < 5
> days)?  Being that the last release was more than 4 weeks ago, we're
> actually releasing final without an official release in almost a month.

RC1 is going out tonight, but I don't think it's worth slipping final - cvs
and package testers are doing fine.

> Maybe this is a ddl thing, but I think we should go back to a two week
> gap after RC1 for 2.12 at least.

Yes, totally agree - the final dates on this schedule are *not* optimal at
all. We need at *least* two weeks between RC and Final. (We've been doing
scheduling the wrong way for the last couple of releases, working forward
instead of backward. That's probably part of it.)

- Jeff

--
UbuntuDownUnder: April 25th-30th                      http://www.ubuntu.com/

       "A rest with a fermata is the moral opposite of the fast food
           restaurant with express lane." - James Gleick, Faster