Re: libgnome-desktop API addition request

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:18:34 -0500, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:

> With my QA hat on, when do you expect the changes to the other modules to land?

Within a couple days probably.  For all but nautilus, it's merely a
one-line addition.  (Call this new function just before calling
gnome_desktop_item_launch_*).  May even be good for someone from
gnome-love.  :)  Nautilus needs a little bit bigger changes, though
it's the same as what's needed in bug 144987.  (Yes, I think it's
weird that nautilus handles its own startup notification launching for
some things, and has gnome-desktop do it for other things)

> And with my general purpose hat on- will this make a gnome-open fix
> possible as well? I just noticed that that is busted as well, but
> doesn't seem to be in your list of things that will be impacted by
> this.

Oh, crap.  Crispin mentioned this about 5-6 months ago, but I totally
forgot about it.  Of course, I wonder how big a problem it is
considering that no one has filed any bug report on it that I've seen
(and I believe I've seen all the focus issue bugs)...

I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Elijah