Re: libgnome-desktop API addition request

<quote who="Mark McLoughlin">

> I think its worthwhile to get this in for 2.8. We understand the problem
> here very well and its very, very unlikely to turn out to be the wrong
> API. The patch itself is small and unlikely to cause regressions itself.
> Also, libgnome-desktop is only used by a very small number of apps and
> isn't part of the platform.

This is worth it for the fix. It is quite disconcerting (and will cause huge
bugzilla outcry) to have Nautilus windows opening up behind everything else,
and so on.

(Not a patch confirmation. Needs technical review.)

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

    "Not only that, but Google is fast. In fact, it's quite competitive
                          with DNS." - Raph Levien