Re: Feature Freeze Break or Not Questions

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:28:33 -0500, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
> My personal belief is that freeze is more guideline than hard rule,

Hrm. This probably came out wrong. Let me try again:

The freeze is in place because, in general, we have to be
paranoid/cautious about stability. Evo is a special case, since it has
a full-time, dedicated developer team, which no other group of
maintainers is. So, if we're going to have  a freeze because we're
paranoid about quality, evo is the obvious group to make a big
exception for, since (at least in theory) they should have more
resources for bugfixing late in the cycle.

Luis