Re: UI Freeze Breakage Request: Nautilus

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 16:45 +0100, Christian Neumair wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 22.02.2005, 16:13 +0100 schrieb Murray Cumming
> > Technically, we do like  you to test the actual patch before asking for
> > approval.
>
> How do you mean that? I wrote patch [1] and [2] myself, where [2] is a
> heavily improved version of [1].

As far as I can tell, Alexander asked you to make a change to the patch
(The GTK_BUTTON_2). I can't know that you've tested that complete patch
if you don't tell us, and if you don't post or attach it somewhere. We
prefer not to give open-ended approvals.

>  Both are been tested extensively by me.
> By mentioning [3], I just wanted to point out that a little bit of the
> code (a flag) will be changed in the final version.

I'd like to approve actual patches, not possible patches.

> Maybe the term "to be applied" wasn't clear enough. I should have said
> "to be checked in".
>
> I'd also like to point out that I was asked by Alex Larsson to handle
> this process [3].

Yes, I saw that. That's why I didnt' ask whether the maintainer had
approved it.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com