Re: glib and pango 2.10 in GNOME 2.14?

On 12/1/05, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 12:58 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > On Thu, December 1, 2005 11:05, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > > Can the release-team please confirm the glib and pango versions that will
> > > be in GNOME 2.14? It looks like there will be a glib 2.10 and pango 2.10
> > > in time for our schedule, but not a GTK+ 2.10.
> >
> > If the schedule of glib 2.10 and pango 1.12 (I think this is the version
> > you're wondering about) is compatible with ours, then I see no reason
> > to not use them.
> >
> > I can't find a release schedule for glib & pango, though (although
> > Matthias sent a mail on d-d-l telling he wanted this to happen,
> > iirc).
>
> We need to establish this to
> - avoid use of new API if we might not use them.
> - tell bindings to wrap them if we definitely will use them.

*shrug* No one objected when Matthias announced that they wanted to
get a new glib and pango into 2.14
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-November/msg00121.html).
 Behdad recently updated the
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen_2fPlatform pages to reflect
this.  I had assumed that between the two that would be enough, which
seems to be everyone else's assumption on the release team as well
from the thread so far.  But, maybe we were wrong?  Is an official
announcement needed for the bindings folks?  If so, it wouldn't be too
hard to do.