Inputting Chef Information - Picture Issue - OSX

Hello everyone,

I just downloaded this application and wanted to contribute some recipes.  I’m using OSX and have installed via homebrew – version 1.6.2

I’m having an issue entering my Chef Information.  Sometimes when opening the setting the application will crash or hang, but when it does open I can enter my information and description, but if I click the box to add a photo I get the following error:

“Could not connect to the session bus from inside the Flatpak sandbox  Certain functionality will not be available.”

Is there any resolution to this on OSX?

I’ve tried to use the application via the .dmg installer as well.  The application runs much more snappily and smoothly – especially during scrolling – but it appears to have the same error when inputting chef information.

It also appears to be a lower version (1.0.4), so a secondary question would be is there any way to download an updated version of the .dmg or update the existing one to 1.6.2?  I pulled it from https://download.gnome.org/binaries/mac/recipes/

Thanks for the assistance!