Re: PyGObject: Segmentation with signal “activate link” in a markup-text label

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 at 11:56, c.buhtz--- via python-hackers-list
<python-hackers-list gnome org> wrote:

Hello together,

I observe a segmentation fault when using a hyperlink (as markup text)
in a Gtk.Label. I am not sure if I use Gtk the wrong way here or if this
is a bug.
Details and an MWE can be found on StackOverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/q/66483316/4865723

This looks similar to https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/1498 .

Since this bug is a crash in the signal handler, it might be possible
to sidestep the issue by updating the widget after the signal handler
is done, using a timer - something along the lines of

def on_activate_link(self, label, uri):
   if uri == 'rename':
     GLib.timeout_add(20, self._update_markup)
     return True

def _update_markup(self):
   self._feed_label.set_markup(....)

--
Neil Muller
drnlmuller gmail com

I've got a gmail account. Why haven't I become cool?