Re: Gtk.AccelGroup connect and disconnec signals

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 2:10 PM, infirit <infirit gmail com> wrote:
Very likely we will be breaking code. But if we are going to break existing
code we could also ask for a API change in Gtk itself? Reading the
guidelines on [1] asking for a API changes for language bindings it is a
valid reason. The question then is what to name it because
gtk_accel_group_connect_group will be confusing in C.

I don't think this is worth any kind of breakage, for gtk+3 at least.
After all it's just a minor inconvenience to explicitly call
GObject.Object.connect.

Shall I at least open a bug report on this?

For GTK+4, which currently allows API breaks, the function name could
be changed. Opening a gtk bug report for this sounds good to me.