Introspecting functions taking variable arguments

On <http://live.gnome.org/PyGObject/IntrospectionPorting#Non-introspectable_functions.2BAC8-methods>,
there is the following note:

> Varargs cannot be handled safely by libgirepository. In these cases there are
> often alternatives available (such as gtk_cell_area_cell_set_property()). For
> other cases libraries now often have a ..._v() counterpart which takes a list
> instead of variable arguments.

What are some good examples of ..._v() counterparts? I thought that
all I needed to do was use a va_list, but that doesn't work.

What are good ways of making variadic functions introspectable?

Daniel Trebbien