Towards version 3.2

Dear all,

I noticed we haven't released a unstable 3.1.x version, yet. We are
already rather late in the cycle and tomorrow (Monday) are tarballs due
before the first beta on February 20th, which also includes ABI/API freeze.

Today and yesterday I reviewed and committed a couple of patches as well
as fixed a couple of issues (see bugzilla for patches). I'd highly
appreciate if someone could have a look at those ASAP. In addition, if
you feel that there are issues that really should be fixed for 3.2, you
should mention them here and try to come up with a fix before the beta
on February 20th (I'd concentrate on bug fixing).

My plan is to release 3.1.0 tomorrow evening, again reviewing
outstanding patches is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Sebastian Pölsterl