Re: Can't build PyGObject because jhbuild bootstrap fails

Am 24.04.2012 08:51, schrieb Mark Summerfield:
> Hi,

Hi Mark,

> I am on Debian stable (i.e., have rather out of date libraries).
>
> I want to try out PyGObject with my locally built Python 3.1 and Python
> 3.2 (in /home/mark/opt/python31 and /home/mark/opt/python32).
>
> I went to this page:
> http://readthedocs.org/docs/python-gtk-3-tutorial/en/latest/install.html
> and followed the "Installing form Source" instructions.
>
> The only difference between my .jhbuildrc and the sample is that I set
> my prefix to /home/mark/opt/gnome instead of /opt/gnome so I don't need
> superuser permissions.
>
> This is the problem I hit:
>
> $ jhbuild bootstrap
> ... lots of stuff omitted (e.g., gettext, autoconf) ...
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/mark/opt/gnome/gnome-apps-3.4.1/autoconf-2.68' *** Checking out
> automake *** [3/4] jhbuild bootstrap: failed to
> unpack /home/mark/opt/gnome/gnome-apps-3.4.1/pkgs/automake-1.11.3.tar.xz
>
> So I unpacked automake myself in /home/mark/opt/gnome/gnome-apps-3.4.1
> (and tar didn't complain so it isn't a bad archive), and tried jhbuild
> boostrap again, but got the same error:-(
>
> Can anyone advise?

Chances are you might only miss a build dependency, have a look at
https://live.gnome.org/JhbuildDependencies

> BTW Assuming I get past this problem, how do I install PyGObject for
> each local version of Python? Or is is simply a matter of:

This depends on the PYTHON environment variable, e.g. the following
command will build pygobject for Python 3:

PYTHON=python3 ./configure

Adding the following line to your jhbuildrc will do that:

addpath("PYTHON", "/usr/bin/python3")

Best regards,
Sebastian Pölsterl