When to use GLib/glib or GObject/gobject

Hi,

I've recently been porting some of my software to PyGObject + g-i and
was wondering;

1) Is it recommended to use the g-i bindings for the GObject namespace?
(i.e. based on the demos GObject.timeout_add seem to work fine but the
pygi-convert script still uses import gobject)

2) Is it recommended to use the g-i bindings for the glib namespace?
My (threaded) application [1] needed glib.threads_init() to be called,
inorder to work as before, and AFAIK there is no equivalent to this
special function in g-i.

Thanks

John

[1] https://github.com/nzjrs/gnome-development-monitor/tree/g-i

p.s. I just sent some patches to the list, I can't commit any myself at
the moment