Tutorial and Documentation

Hi all,

as there seems to be an increasing need for at least some kind of documentation or tutorial for pygobject I decided to start working on a tutorial that introduces the use of GTK+3 using pygobject.

I decided to use Sphinx[0] as it is the tool that's used for Python's documentation and it is really easy to use. The tutorial is far from complete but it's a start. The contents are highly inspired by [1-3].

The current version can be seen at http://people.gnome.org/~sebp/pygobject-tutorial/ and sources are available at https://github.com/sebp/PyGObject-Tutorial

My goal is not to cover every single widget, but rather the most important ones. In addition, I try to avoid the use/mention of deprecated classes and methods.

I'm not aware what the current status of generating documentation is. Obviously, there's some overlap between a tutorial and general API documentation. It would be great if someone could tell me what current plans are regarding generating documentation for bindings.

As always, help is highly appreciated. If everybody could write a section about his/her favorite widget we could get a descent amount of documentation very quickly. Especially, I'm looking for experts in Gtk.TextView and Drag-and-Drop.

Please, have a look at the first draft and let me know what you think.

Regards,
Sebastian Pölsterl

[0]: http://sphinx.pocoo.org/
[1]: https://gitorious.org/pygtk-tutorial