Re: What is the significance of pygtk.require('2.0')?

Quoting "Tomeu Vizoso" <tomeu vizoso collabora co uk>:
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 14:13, Dieter Verfaillie
<dieterv optionexplicit be> wrote:
If the proposed patch gets accepted, we will no longer be able to
support parallel installed bindings for multiple libg* ABI
versions for a single python version -> ie what happens when we
get libgtk+-4.0 (and 5.0, etc) and some pyg* application uses API
from the older libgtk+-3.X version that has been removed from the
newer version?

Well, not really for gtk+ because gobject-introspection provides its
own way of choosing which version to load:

from gi.repository import Gtk
Gtk.require_version('3.0')

Aaah, I see it now, its in gi/module.py... :)

Now, when glib breaks API compatibility, then we would need something
like this for parallel installation,

In that case could it be as simple as import gi2 and the day
glib has to break, import gi3?

Thanks,
Dieter