Re: PyGI merged into PyGObject

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 17:15, Tomeu Vizoso
<tomeu vizoso collabora co uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the merge finally happened, PyGI has found its (hopefully) definitive
> home.

What we need to do before we can make a release with it:

- MUST: remove the direct dependency on cairo,

- SHOULD: find a place for the.py override modules we currently have
for Gtk, etc.

For the first one, two alternatives have been proposed:

- make the cairo integration shim be a loadable module that is built
conditionally,

- load the symbols we need from cairo by dlopen'ing libcairo at runtime.

For the second:

- move them to pygtk,

- move them to a single new package (pygobject-compat?),

- convince library authors to ship those in the same tarball.

Any opinions, more alternatives?

Regards,

Tomeu