Re: PyGtk and Gtk 3.0 Plans

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:58, John Stowers
<john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Tomeu Vizoso
> <tomeu vizoso collabora co uk> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 11:11, John Stowers
>> <john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> In light of the recent discussions on DDL could someone please outline
>>> the plan for PyGtk as it applies to Gtk 3.0 please?
>>
>> Hmm, PyGtk should not be needed if PyGI becomes feature complete.
>
> Hmm, I was hoping for a bit more of a concrete plan. Consider this example;
>
> Gedit,Rhythmbox,Totem all support PyGtk plugins. According to DDL
> GNOME 2.32 wants to ship Gtk-3.0. If an application cannot link
> against both Gtk-2.0 and Gtk-3.0 then what is to become of these
> plugins?

I'm not a PyGtk maintainer, I'm just trying to understand the question
and see how PyGI could help there.

If those apps are going to branch for GNOME 2.30, then they could drop
the PyGtk dependency on master and use PyGI instead. Would this be
doable?

Regards,

Tomeu