Re: PyGtk and Gtk 3.0 Plans

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Tomeu Vizoso
<tomeu vizoso collabora co uk> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 11:11, John Stowers
> <john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> In light of the recent discussions on DDL could someone please outline
>> the plan for PyGtk as it applies to Gtk 3.0 please?
>
> Hmm, PyGtk should not be needed if PyGI becomes feature complete.

Hmm, I was hoping for a bit more of a concrete plan. Consider this example;

Gedit,Rhythmbox,Totem all support PyGtk plugins. According to DDL
GNOME 2.32 wants to ship Gtk-3.0. If an application cannot link
against both Gtk-2.0 and Gtk-3.0 then what is to become of these
plugins?

John