Re: [pygtk] PyGtk and gtk-3.0 compatibility

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 18:22, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org> wrote:
> Hey Tomeu,
>
> Is there a plan to update the reference documentation for PyGtk 3.0?
>
> I see this as a major problem at the moment as anyone googling is
> gonna hit the 2.0 reference and end up in a pretty strange situation
> of stuff just not working for no apparent reason.

On the introspection side of things, work is going on in g-i to
generate a single set of documentation that will include the calling
conventions for C, JS, Python, Vala, etc.

As hinted in an earlier message, pygobject includes a set of
"overrides" that expand the API provided by g-i for compatibility with
the static bindings. The idea is that this will make easier to port
existing software and will make existing documentation useful for a
longer time.

Regards,

Tomeu