Re: Finally up to speed on the latest pygobject version with jhbuild.

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Robert Park <rbpark exolucere ca> wrote:
> $ jhbuild run ./gottengeography.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./gottengeography.py", line 1848, in <module>
>    if __name__ == "__main__": GottenGeography().main()
>  File "./gottengeography.py", line 740, in __init__
>    GObject.TYPE_INT,     # 3 Timestamp in Epoch seconds
>  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gi/overrides/Gtk.py",

Looking more closely at this error, I can see that it's referencing
the Gtk.py that's part of my normal system, not the version that was
installed with jhbuild (which is located at
/opt/gnome/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py).

I feel as though I'm overlooking something simple here. My app runs
fine if I execute it directly, but when I run it with "jhbuild run" it
gives an error that indicates that it's not actually using the
jhbuild-installed libraries. So the "jhbuild run" command is mixing
development stuff with the stock Fedora 14 packages in bad ways.

Is there a way to make 'jhbuild run' ignore the default system and use
only /opt/gnome stuff, or is there some other way to make my script
use /opt/gnome with something other than "jhbuild run"?

One factor that may be at play here is that when I ran 'jhbuild
bootstrap --ignore-system', it compiled Python 2.5, and my script is
developed against python 2.7. When I originally ran it, it gave me a
syntax error (because I am using some 2.7-specific syntax features),
so I changed the first line of my script to "#!/usr/bin/env python2.7"
to get the right interpreter. But now it seems that somehow python 2.7
is not part of the jhbuild environment, so it falls back to the
default system, and brings with it default system pygobject stuff.

I'm not really sure how to proceed from this point. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

--
http://exolucere.ca