Planner-list xsltproc and HTML export?

As per my last email, I would like to tailor the HTML export a little
bit.  While I've got an .xslt file that I think might work, I had
assumed that I would be able to apply the xslt file on the planner.xml
file using xsltproc.

However, when I do, I get an error similar to "gettext undefined".  This
seems to be because there are some custom filters defined in the C code
within planner that are used during the XSLT translation.  Is this true?
If so, does this mean you can't use xsltproc directly on planner xml
files?

Thanks,
john.c

--