Re: Planner-list straight into editing a new task name

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:42:25 +0000
Richard Henwood <richard henwood stfc ac uk> wrote:

> Hi Planner-list,
>
> I've used planner a bit, and I've found it useful: many thanks!

Ditto - Planner is a great program and is the third program I start
first thing in the morning - the first two being bash shell and vim.

> So, in summary, the attached patch significantly reduces the effort to
> rapidly enter plan tasks while minimising changes to the existing
> behaviour.

FWIW, I also experience that it is not as fast as it might have been to
enter new tasks.

In my case I have projects that are more informal (marketing plans and
advertising schedules) as opposed to highly structured projects
(construction and engineering).  It is often easier to start by
entering a list of tasks off the top of my head and then to reorganize
those tasks, create and assign resources to the tasks and then to see
what dates are feasible given the available resources vs tasks. This can
be somewhat tedious and time-consuming in Planner and any speedup of
this process must be considered critical.