Planner-list Upgrading to 14.4 in ubuntu

I would like to install 14.4 as it seems some work has been done on printing which doesn't work for me on 14.3.

I'm not that proficient on linux but it seems that I have to install this manually as its not available through package manager yet. When I try to run ./configure on the new 14.4 source files that I downloaded I get the following, yet I'm on version 9.04 of ubuntu which seems to meet or exceed these requirements.

Can anyone offer me assistance?

Regards
Phil

checking for PLANNER... configure: error: Package requirements (
glib-2.0 >= 2.6.0
gobject-2.0 gmodule-2.0
gtk+-2.0 >= 2.6.0
libgnomecanvas-2.0 >= 2.10.0
libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.10.0
libglade-2.0 >= 2.3.0
gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.10.0
gconf-2.0 >= 2.10.0
) were not met:

No package 'glib-2.0' found
No package 'gobject-2.0' found
No package 'gmodule-2.0' found
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
No package 'libgnomecanvas-2.0' found
No package 'libgnomeui-2.0' found
No package 'libglade-2.0' found
No package 'gnome-vfs-2.0' found
No package 'gconf-2.0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables PLANNER_CFLAGS
and PLANNER_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.