Planner-list Remarks

Hi,

we've been using Microsoft Project for some time now, but we have been looking for an alternative lately.

So I came accross planner and so far it seems to have all the functionality we need (eg we also work "work" based and planner does this by default)

On the other hand there are a lot of small problems/missing functionality that keep this software from being professional, this is just a small list of the things we found so far:

(Tested on WinXP version 0.14.4)

- Printing doesn't seem to work at all

- I can't seem to drag a dependency in the gannt chart from a milestone to a task, if I change the milestone to a task first then drag the depency and switch the task back to a milestone it seems to work, but it's a big workaround.

- Right clicking to "insert task" is OK, but it would be a lot easier if we could just click (or doubleclick) the space at the bottom of the tasklist to add a task.

- Moving a task up or down can only be done from the menu or the icons at the top of the screen, dragging the task up or down would be a lot faster (or at least include the move up/down in the rmb-menu when clicking on a task)

- When the task dialog box appears you can rescale the window (unlike Project), which is great, especially when you have a lot of resources, the bad thing is that the sofware doesn't recall the window size when it's openend again.

- Is there a way to remove the iconbar at the top, it is completely useless, everything is available from the menus or the shortcuts, and when making a planning screenspace is valuable.

- the default look of the gannt bars is not bad at all, (Project 2003 is bad, Project 2007 is worse!), but we really need to be able to customise colors and sizes, and even more important the text thatb gets displayed besides the bars or in the bars. eg I would like to make the bars higher so there is no space between them and then use the extra space in the bar to display the task name (or something else)

- Is there any kind of tracking available (tracking gannt in Project)?

- editing or removing a dependency is a pain, in Project you can just double-click the little arrow that connects the tasks and edit the properties.

I know it's a lot to ask from free software, but I would like to know if these are reasonable requests, qnd if there is any chance to see them implemented?

Thanks.

Luc