Planner-list updating % complete

Using the Task panel I can edit the completion percentage of each task, the Gantt panel visually updates each task to reflect its ammount of completion, this is all normal and as expected.
If I select a task from the Gantt panel and edit it then the maximum I can adjust the Completion to is 75% and even tasks I have set to 100% done on the tasks panel show as 75%, this is an inconsistency and I believe an error or it could be something specific to my installation, it was present on 0.13 and is still the same on 0.14.4 installed from binaries on Xubuntu jaunty.