Re: Planner-list noob - new calendar attached to resource doesnt apply to tasks

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 12:51:57PM +0000, Calvin Chiang wrote:
>   1. create new project
>   2. create new task in Gantt window with subtasks
>   3. assign work time (days) to subtasks
>   4. create new resource. assign resource to task
>   5. create new calendar with limited working hours. assign calendar to
>      resource
>
> After step 5, i'd expect to go back to the Gantt chart and see the task
> spread out over the days set as working-time in the calendar i created in
> step 5. but this is not the case.

I think you have assigned the resource to the summary task. The duration
of the summary task is calculated from its subtasks, so the resource
should be assigned to the subtasks instead. Otherwise the subtasks will
use the project calendar.

> Strangely when i set this calendar as the default project calendar, the
> gantt chart shows the work spread out over the correct time,.. but the bars
> cross all the way through non-working days.. i would have expected them to
> show splits over the non-working days

That's just how planner shows it. Maybe this will be changed when
support for task splits is implemented.

Regards,
Maurice.

--